Monday, December 05, 2005

it's beginning to look a lot like xxx-mas!

I spent the better part of Saturday at the mall. Have I mentioned how much I hate shopping...especially at the mall. OMFG! The fuckin' crowds, the lines, the crying screaming children...it's like torture. I was good for about the first hour and a half, but then I realized I had only traveled the first half of the mall. Damn, that bitch is huge! I did good though, 'cause I knocked off about 10 people off my Christmas list. The sad thing is I still have about 18 more gifts to go. Having a huge family is both a blessing and a nightmare (when it comes to Christmas shopping). When I finally threw in the towel for shopping for the day, I had spent over 4 hrs at the mall...4 fuckin' hours! I don't remember the last time I spent more than an hour at the mall.

There's this new renovation project going on at our local mall. They've gone and built a "village" type plaza at the entrance to the mall, which looks cool I guess. They've gotten a few high-end stores to come to town. Apparently, Sephora is all the rage. I was in that place for about half an hour and I felt soooo gay. It's so bright in there, there's women everywhere, there's pretty colors everywhere, makeup from wall to wall, and every possible cologne you could possibly think of. At this new plaza there's also a new Cheesecake Factory and the line to get in the bitch was wrapped around the corner. Apparently it just opened on Saturday afternoon. I won't be visiting that place for a couple months until the excitement of it's newness wears off. I don't need to visiting that place anyway...too much temptation. Their cheesecakes are fucking delicious!

Sunday, I continued my shopping. I woke up early and set out to find my perfect tree and while I didn't bring home the perfect tree (that bitch was nearly $100) my tree is beautiful. After that I went to Wal-Mart (huge mistake) that place is usually a zoo anyway, now it's a fuckin' zoo run an muck. Got a few things and was out of that bitch as soon I could. I ended up at Toys 'R Us where I knocked off 4 more gifts. Yay! I'm all about educational toys for my godchildren this year, so I got my two godsons the Leapfrog Leapster Learning system. It's a pretty cool little gadget. I got my goddaughter and my ex's little girl the original LeapPad. They're all bright kids, so I wouldn't want to have that go unused with some toy that'll maybe last them about a month. So I'm well on my way to getting my shopping done a bit early.

Last night I spent about an hour setting up my Christmas tree (or Holiday Tree to be PC), so now my place is starting to look a lot like Christmas. I bought a few Family Guy ornaments for my tree...they're so cool. In case you haven't figured it out, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I'm like a little kid all excited and shit. I can't wait to be able to be back home with a house full of family enjoying a good time. I love that my family is so huge. Makes for great times for the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home