Tuesday, January 31, 2006

my super sweet sixteen...not!

I spent the weekend down in Indio, CA. It's about a 5.5 hr drive south for me. I was there for a cousin's Sweet Sixteen celebration. Man, nothing like a little family gathering to be reminded just how ghetto my family can be. My family is huge, my grandparents had 9 children. Sadly, there's ALWAYS lots of gossip to go around. Jeebus, I could write volumes on all the drama in my family. And that's only my mom's side of the family. That side has always been the loud, party, outspoken side of the family.

Anyway, two hours into the party and the birthday girl was piss drunk! Apparently, she had been sneaking shots of tequila while everyone else was eating. She tried unsuccessfully to play it off, but nearly dropping her dancing partner and falling a couple times on her ass (in her nice white dress, mind you) sort of gave up her charade. Her mom was ready to beat her ass. I'm sure she would've too had she gotten her alone somewhere. That was just hilarious to watch. Let just say that whole party was a far cry from the lavish "proper" party's shown on MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen. Sometimes I wonder if I was adopted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home